Selling on Trini Trolley is easy, fast and convenient!
By selling on TriniTrolley.com you enjoy many advantages such as:
- Free advertising and display of your products, business information etc.
- No start up costs to create a Seller Account. You are only charged a fee when your product is sold.
- Customers see your products on TriniTrolley.com which is the leading e-commerce website in Trinidad. By listing your products for FREE you reach thousands of potential customers every day having forgone the cost of paying for advertising your products or creating a website and promoting it.
- TriniTrolley.com also ships your products to customers when they are sold.
- When you create your Seller Account with us, you manage your products, prices, pictures, contact information, information about you or your business. You are able to view all details regarding your products such as Sales Reports, Balances, and Inventory.
- Trini Trolley transfers payments into your bank account and sends you an email notifying you that your payment has been sent.
- All this and many more benefits of selling on Trini Trolley all from the comfort of your computer!
A. What is Selling on TriniTrolley.com?
Selling on TriniTrolley.com is a feature that enables merchants to create Seller Accounts on Trini Trolley and sell their products on TriniTrolley.com.
Selling on Trini Trolley is FREE. You are only charged a selling percentage fee when your product is sold. This fee covers all costs such as delivery of your products to the customer, credit card fees, bank transfers, packaging and any other related fees.
B. What Products can I sell on TriniTrolley.com?
After you create a Seller Account on Trini Trolley approval is required for your account to become active and in order to start uploading your products and selling them online. Approval of your account usually takes within 24 hours and you will be notified via email.
You can sell products in any of the following 16 Departments: As Seen on TV, Bags & Luggage, Blu-ray Store, Books, Clothing Shoes & Accessories, Computer & Office, Electronics, Games, Health & Beauty, Home & Outdoor, Movies, Music, Pet Accessories, Sport & Exercise, Tools Auto & Industrial and Toys & Hobbies.
You are NOT permitted to sell products in the following Departments: Pharmacy. You are NOT permitted to sell Adult Toys, Prescription Medication, Tobacco, Alcohol or any illegal items. Trini Trolley Limited reserves the right to decline any product that is not suited for sale on the website.
C. How does Selling on TriniTrolley.com work?
1. Create a Seller Account on Trini Trolley. We will either approve or decline your information within 24 hours once they meet our requirements and you will be notified by email. You will then be sent a Seller Agreement with Trini Trolley Limited to sign before your products are posted on the website. Once we receive the signed document your account will be approved and you will see when your products become active in your Seller Account. Once your account has been approved, you can begin selling.
2. Upload your Product Inventory. You manage your store using your own Content Management System (CMS) in your Seller Account. From here you can add/edit products, prices, images, manage information etc.
3. Once you upload your products, we will either approve or decline them within 24 hours and notify you via email when they are active once they meet our requirements. Once your products and information are approved, Customers on TriniTrolley.com will see your products on the website and can purchase them. You will also see when they are approved in you Seller Account.
4. We ship Your Products to Customers. When your items are sold, Trini Trolley will notify you via email and you will also see the sale reflected in your CMS or Seller Account. You pack your items and prepare them for collection by our Delivery Team. In certain situations, we will stock your products in our warehouses and dispatch them when they are sold.
5. Trini Trolley Transfers Payment to You. Trini Trolley will deposit payments into your bank account within 14 days and we will send you an email notifying you that payment has been sent. Of course, you will also see all details of your sale and payment in your Seller Account.
D. How Do I Create A Seller Account, Add Inventory and Manage My Seller Account?
You manage all aspects of Selling on TriniTrolley.com through your Seller Account. By logging into your Seller Account, you can add product information, make inventory updates, manage orders and manage payments from Trini Trolley Limited. Here is a brief walkthrough on how to get started:
i. How do I create a Seller Account, add Inventory and Manage Orders?
(a) To create a Seller Account, go to “Start Here” at the top of any page or “Sign In” if you have an existing Account.
(b) You will then be prompted to “Create Account” or Sign in to your existing Account.
(c) When Creating a Seller Account you will have to fill in your business and contact information in the required fields. This will appear in the product details page for each product you upload. Please do not include personal information.
(d) After creating your Seller Account, you can access your Content Management Systems (CMS) from the “My Account” link at the top of every page.
(e) When you enter your Seller Account, the Seller Account Management section will allow you to manage all areas of your Seller Account.
(f) To Upload, Edit and Manage your inventory, start by going to the Product Management link above. From here you can manage your Products. Access the drop-down menu to choose the Department and sub-category you want to add your product(s) to. Choose these categories carefully.
(g) After choosing your sub-category (in this example – As Seen On TV – Household, hit the “New Product” button to add a new product to the Household category in the As Seen On TV Department.
(h) You can then add your product’s name, the product description and all relevant information regarding the sale of your product, the price - (please include numbers only - NO DOLLAR SIGN), quantity in stock, meta tags, images etc. Use the toolbar to create the styles you want. Include model numbers for all your products so we can communicate them to you when your items are sold.
(i) After you insert your new product, you will see it listed in the relevant category and the number of products in that category will be displayed in the drop-down menu as illustrated below. From the example below, the product is inactive (red status)because it has to be approved by the Trini Trolley admin. When it is approved the status will turn green and the product will be shown on the website and can be purchased.
(j) By hitting the “Back” button as illustrated above, this will take you back to the Seller Account Management main page. You can now see when your items are sold in the “Items Sold” link. This will take you to the page illustrated below. From here you can see your sales (quantity and dollar value) for any period you choose (daily, weekly, monthly etc.) When the information appears, click into the line with the information you want to view to see a breakdown of date sold, number of items sold and dollar amount of sale.
(k) To access your Sales Report, hit the “Back” button on this page at anytime and you will be back at your Seller Account Management section. Choose the “Seller Balance” link to see your detailed sales report including amount owed to you, deductions and overall sales for any period you choose.
i. Can I offer Gift Wrapping Services and Free Super TriniTrolley Shipping to Trini Trolley Customers?
No. Currently we do not extend these features to Seller Accounts. They are available exclusive to Trini Trolley’s products.
ii. Can Customers leave feedback about my business, service and details of the sale?
Yes. Customers can leave feedback about your business, service, quality of products, prices and general feedback by clicking on “write review” in your product details page for each product.
iii. I edited my product’s information after it was approved but it hasn’t shown up yet. Why does this happen?
Every time you make changes to your profile or information on a product, it must be approved by our administration. This ensures you operate within our strict Seller Agreement and this works to protect the customer. It usually takes within 24 hours for any changes to be approved. You will be able to see when these changes are approved in your Seller Account when the status changes to Green and indicates the product is active and the changes were approved.
E. What are the requirements for selling on Trini Trolley?
If you ask anyone that has purchased something on TriniTrolley.com they will tell you that Customer Service is the hallmark of our operation! We have the best prices available online in Trinidad but we strive to provide the best Customer Service and after-sale Service!
We expect that you meet the requirements stated in your contract and that you present your products according to our approved format and in good standing. We expect that you honour your agreement and failure to comply will result in the termination of your account and selling privileges. Trini Trolley Limited reserves the right to decline any sale at anytime in order to protect the customer.
Some Requirements for Selling on TriniTrolley.com:
Make Sure Your Product Listing Meet Trini Trolley’s Requirements.
- Good customer service starts by making sure that your products are in the right Department and Category. For example, if you are selling toasters, it should be placed under Electronics – Kitchen Appliances, if you are selling Women’s Handbags, the products should be placed under Clothing, Shoes and Accessories – Women’s Handbags. Correct placement of your products ensures customers find your products easily without confusion. This promotes good Customer Service and strong Sales. The product they purchase is the product they expect.
- You are responsible for maintaining your inventory. If you sell products on your end, we expect you to update your inventory when each item is sold as a customer can purchase any item at anytime. Failure to update your inventory will result in termination of any sale and your Seller Account.
- Trini Trolley Customers expect to receive the product they purchased packaged well and shipped quickly. We ask that you prepare the product(s) prior to collection by our Delivery Team. Any defects or poor packaging will be refused by our Delivery Team and the sale will be cancelled in order to protect the customer.
- Customers expect to receive their product they selected (not similar items, colours etc), packaged well and shipped within the timeframe they chose.
- We expect product images to be clear, crisp and preferably on a white background. Please note that Trini Trolley Limited is not responsible for any copyright infringements on images and the Seller accepts full responsibility for his images. Any suspected copyright infringement on images will result in cancellation of your Seller Account. We recommend the Seller takes professional pictures of their product inventory. Your main images should be no larger than 250 x 250 pixels. Additional images should be no larger than 600 x 600 pixels.
New and Used products must be clearly stated in the product’s description area. If the product is used then any defects, identifying marks and relevant information including accurate pictures of defects should be clearly stated and illustrated. The more information is always better so that the customer can make an informed decision prior to purchase. Please state the warranty period for each product including information on returns and refunds.
Update Your Trini Trolley Seller Profile
Customers feel more confident when purchasing from a reliable and trusted business. Ensure that your contact information and information regarding your business is correctly displayed in your Seller Account as this is the information the Customer will see. You can write a brief (maximum 500 characters) about your business in the Business Description field in your Seller Account. This should be clear and reflect your business practices and information related to selling on TriniTrolley.com.
Your Seller Profile information will be displayed on the Product Details page for any of your products and will appear as a blow-out box over the title – “Ships from and sold by Montana Realty Ltd”. Your business name will also appear over the Seller Icon as illustrated below:
Product Details Page:
Product Listing Page:
For more information please see "Information on Selling on TriniTrolley.com"