Dasheen Crusted Chilean Salmon with Caramelized Plantain Hash, Orange-Balsamic Glaze
Rizzoni’s Chef Mathurin whips up a fancy, crunchy, sweet Chilean Salmon dish with a local twist. Dasheen crusted chilean salmon with caramelized plantain hash, orange-balsamic glaze. This recipe uses Ocean Delight’s 8oz Chilean Salmon Portion. All the ingredients and instructions are available right here.
Ingredients for Salmon:
8oz. Salmon fillet
1½oz. Dijon mustard
2 packs Soldanza dasheen chips (32g)
4oz. Cooked and dice sweet plantain
2oz. Goya black beans
1oz. Sweet corn
1oz. Diced red peppers
1oz. Diced yellow peppers
1oz. Diced onions
½oz. Minced garlic
½oz. Chopped chives
½oz. Chopped parsley
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
3 cups. Orange juice
4oz. Balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon Anise powder
½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
1 cup. Brown sugar
1. In a heated pan add 1oz butter, onions, peppers, thyme and garlic and sauté for 2 mins.
2. Add sweet corn, black beans and chives and sauté for an additional 2 mins, remove from heat.
3. Heat up a second pan and add 2oz. butter and diced plantain. Sauté till plantain begins to caramelize.
4. Add honey and sauté for another minute.
5. Add plantain to sweet corn and black bean mix.
6. Season salmon with salt and pepper and brush with Dijon mustard on both sides.
7. Crush dasheen chips in a plastic bag.
8. Add parsley and coat salmon with dasheen mixture.
9. Mix orange-balsamic glaze ingredients together and reduce in a sauce pot.
10. Pan sear the salmon, glaze to the top with orange-balsamic glaze mixture and cook in for 4 mins.
For these recipes each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.