The Big Idea: GeoSafari Jr. My First Microscope
Get preschoolers excited about science and introduce them to the miracles of magnification with My First Microscope! Magnify any small object—flat or three-dimensional—at 8x with this real, working microscope designed especially for little ones!
Shhh… They’re Learning!
- Encourages scientific exploration
- Rewards curiosity
- Introduces kids to a key scientific tool
The Nitty Gritty: Key Features
- 8x Magnification microscope .
- Two extra-large, one-size-fits-all eyepieces (no need to close one eye).
- Chunky, easy-to-use focusing knob.
- Large, fixed sample tray holds flat objects like stamps and coins OR 3D objects like bugs and rocks - no slides required.
- LED light for enhanced viewing of small details.
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)
Designed by a scientist and mother of two preschoolers, GeoSafari Jr. My First Microscope allows kids to see magnified hidden worlds with ease! This fully functional microscope is a real tool with a range of magnification (2.5x–8x) designed with a preschooler in mind. Magnified views can be challenging for little ones to understand, so by starting with the 2.5x view (with the focusing knob turned as far away from your child as it will go), your preschooler can orient herself to the item she’s viewing, and as she turns the focusing knob towards herself, she can gradually pull away to an 8x view. The wide field of view of these lower magnifications is critical to little ones’ understanding. My First Microscope also features two extra-large eyepieces (no need to close one eye!) and a chunky, kid-sized focusing knob. A bright LED with easy push-button action lights up details for even more discoveries. Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included).